Does anyone of any natural remedies to recover from flu and cough?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is some of the tricks I try when I am suffering from cold and flu Stay hydrated. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration. Avoid alcohol, coffee and caffeinated sodas, which can make dehydration worse. Rest. Your body needs to heal. Soothe a sore throat. A saltwater gargle — 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt dissolved in an 8-ounce glass of warm water — can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat. Children younger than 6 years are unlikely to be able to gargle properly. You can also try ice chips, sore throat sprays, lozenges or hard candy. Use caution when giving lozenges or hard candy to children because they can choke on them. Don't give lozenges or hard candy to children younger than 6 years. Sip warm liquids. A cold remedy used in many cultures, taking in warm liquids, such as chicken soup, tea or warm apple juice, might be soothing and might ease congestion by increasing mucus flow. Add moisture to the air. A cool-mist vaporizer or humidifier can add moisture to your home, which might help loosen congestion. Change the water daily, and clean the unit according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Read more

Non-herbal home remedies include: -lots of fluid -plenty of rest -gargling with salt water for sore throat or cough -saline nasal drops and sprays for clearing mucus -breathing from a hot must vaporizer, steamer or from the hot shower to ease congestion -adding honey or lemon to hot water or tea to relieve sore throat If you decide to use herbal remedies, please do check out if the herbs are safe for consumption. This website shows the list of herbs that should be used with caution. The list is not exhaustive. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a536346/herbal-remedies-in-pregnancy

Read more
Post reply image

Garlic - finely mince 1-2 cloves of garlic and float in a small glass of water. Drink quickly Cinnamon - When sick, mix 1 tablespoon with 1 teaspoon of honey and stir to make a spicy and very effective tea that helps relieve cough and congestion and lower fever. Face Steam with nilgiri as it has a power to increase immune system Turmeric milk - very helpful when you are sick Post important of all Be Hydrated and take Rest

Read more

When I or any of my family member get flu or cough, first thing we do is consume a lot of fluids! I still remember, my mom used to give me onion juice and honey for sore throat. I mostly add spicey ginger and lemon to tea because it is good for flu. However, the most important part is, give your body proper rest when you are sick! It will help you get better quickly.

Read more
VIP Member

Vitamin C, fruits, redoxon, probiotics, hot soup, manuka honey with lemon.... and plenty of water and loads of rest, mummy. your body is coping with 2 and needs to recuperate especially when the immune is down.

We get used to drinking honey and VCO every day to maintain our immune system. if the flu and cough attack I usually make a concoction made of ginger, turmeric, and lemongrass. and it's quite helpful

thanks