20th week/detail scan at KKH ADC

Does anyone know if the husband is allowed into the ADC room for the detailed scan? Having mine soon! Just wondering.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did mine last Tuesday! Hubby was allowed to enter the room and sat through the whole process. The nurse would also print out some of the scanned ultrasound for u after the session. The nurse would explain what are each body parts and the measurements she was taking (but not much explanations was required for certain shots cos I was 21 weeks when I did the scan, so the body parts were quite developed and easy to tell). Enjoy the process, we had tons of fun watching our baby from the tv screen above us.

Read more
2y ago

Aah! Im so excited for mine already! Its this friday and I haven’t seen little bebe for 9 weeks already 😭

Ive been there twice, husband was not allowed when they are checking measurement of baby. They will be ask to seat outside until they are done then, the doctor will call them in. Doctor will then explain where the baby position are, the gender of the baby, etc.

2y ago

Aww man! Here’s hoping he can cos he really wants to see 🤭 Thank youuu!

Yes definitely! I just had mine and my husband was there to see our little angel yawning away during the scan!

2y ago

Yeap he was there from the beginning and throughout, the scan took me about half an hour cause baby didn’t really wanna cooperate, the sonographer had to ‘wake’ the baby up by shaking my tummy a few times. And oh yes! Drink milo before your scan! I drank soyabean and somehow baby just wanted to curl up and apparently mummies who drink that, babies tend to wanna curl up. So milo! And have your breakfast, clear your bladder before the scan. Enjoy seeing your little one on screen!Not sure about the policy but just had mine last Monday!

wondering if can take video of baby moving? anyone asked?

2y ago

My husband hid behind the curtain closer to the door to take a video during our 12th week scan 😂 cant be too obvious i guess 😝

Just did mine last monday, husband is allowed :)