In-laws

Does anyone have issues with parents-in-law? My LO (currently 5 months old) is taken care by my MIL when me and hubby is at work. My MIL used to be a babysitter so she’s quite good at babies. However, she got her own set of pantangs and way of educating the child, which is very different from me. I don’t believe in pantangs at all. She doesn’t believe in what We say when we explain to her. For example, there was once baby did not poo for a week, she got so ganchiong and kept calling over the weekend telling us to try this try that. We already explained to her nicely that this is normal for BF babies but her mindset is stuck with need to poo Everyday blablabla. This is just one example. Another example is, she kept saying baby should start on solids now. Me and my husband’s take is to follow baby’s cues, we don’t have a definite to start solids at 4 months or 6 months. We did try a little puree but feel that baby is not yet ready for it. But MIL keep saying that should start alr. So irritating? Sometimes, this really irritates me and I want to send my baby to infant care instead. Is like, why must I explain what I’m doing to her and why she keep giving suggestions that I don’t want to hear. I have my own style in doing things and parenting. But my hubby refuses as infant care is expensive and he thinks it’ll be better for baby to be under grandma’s care. I do agree with him but I think it’s only for my sanity. ? Does anyone has similar experience?

127 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My in laws (especially my MIL) are somewhat like that only that she die die ask me to give my baby nestum at 3mnths just so he will be a rly fat baby. she say its cute tht babies are fat. its true fat babies are cute but my baby was already overweight for a 3mnth old. when i firmly rejected it, she says im being ignorant as a first time mom just because she used to do that to her kids. i firmly told her that my baby is already overweight and i dont want him to get heavier as im the only one taking care of him and i dont want to follow her say. and also, i hate it when she compares my baby with other ppl’s babies. so what i’ll do is, just tell my husb to tell her & just act as if you hear ntg from her.

Read more