Gynae memo (maternity insurance application)

Does anyone of you buy maternity insurance and the insurer ask you to provide gynae memo to write on current pregnancy condition, medical history, examination findings, etc? Do we need to pay fee for this kind of memo? Thanks!

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup! With NUH, you can ask your insurer to ask for the required documents from their Medical Record Office (something along that line). Shouldn’t cost you anything cause they only need to know if baby is ok! :)

2y ago

Actually, you can get your insurer to send it directly to the MRO. That’s what my agent did for me, so I don’t have to go through the hassle of going to the MRO on my own.

hi! encountering the same thing as you currently and I am with KKH. The charge is $150 to fill in form/report. insurer tells me private obgyn no charge...

2y ago

thanks Melina, take care & stay safe!

Sorry to tag on this post, may I know in which trimester u bought the insurance? Was thinking about it but don’t know when to start buying. TIA

2y ago

You can buy as early as week 13

Mine didn’t charge. As long as you go to your routine gynae, I don’t think they will charge you for such a!simple item.

2y ago

May I check which hospital you go to? I really hope so that they will not charge me, cos to my understanding, it's a memo not something like they need to fill up few pages form haha

Usually private doesn’t charge while public does charge and you will have to pay for the gynae memo

2y ago

okay thanks for ur input. I will find out on my next consultation .

I did buy insurance... But had to submit only earlier visit reports.

I am subsidised patient in kkh/skh. No charge to fill the form

My gynae at mount A did not charge. Not sure about public hosp

Super Mum

Yes. Usually won’t be extra charge

got charge for public hosp