Maternity Insurance rejected because of previous miscarriage

Anyone has experience being rejected by their preferred maternity insurer because of past miscarriage? I had a blighted ovum previously and even had a doctor memo declaring current healthy pregnancy, but insurer still rejected my application. Will it be the same as other insurance?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m actually looking for opinions in insurance. can i know which insurance agent you picked and why? i know AIA says they guaranteed issuance of hospital plan, but only till government ward. while other companies need 14 days to process hospital plan as there isn’t this guaranteed issuance. is that the main drawing point to be concerned about?

Read more
11mo ago

As per what I recall, maternity insurance cover pregnancy related issues. Therefore hospital insurance doesn't cover that package. You might need to get both maternity and hospital separately. Your previous insurer might have reject due to pre existing condition. So it depends case on case basis for all policy holder. Some insurer might reject but the other insurer might approve. Also different hospital plan cover different purpose coverage. My parents have been using AIA since therefore our entire family including my kids have been using the same FA from AIA.

I just got mine from AIA, mum2baby or smth. The limit is you need to get before 36 weeks. There is a rider top up that covers the baby post birth too. Can Google~ their brochure is online. I got it cause lots of my friend’s babies have jaundice and I wanted to be insured.

Pardon me if this is incorrect and if I correctly heard it. But I ever ask my FA in regards to using insurance with birth. He mentioned that it will only cover stillbirth but not other medical issue like successful birth and operation/complication/miscarriage.

What insurance company did you look at. Which trimester did it happen will also determine