Yes or no?

Do the doctor help you check how many weeks and days is your pregnancy during the pregnancy appointment?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Your gynae will do an estimation based on the your last menstrual period (LMP) but I was told by mine that usually a dating scan (ultrasound) is a more accurate way of determining your pregnancy progress. The scan will take some measurements of your baby to give an estimation of how far along in weeks and days your baby is. Dating scan is more accurate in first trimester than later stages of pregnancy. For me I track my LMP and the dating scan edd turned out to be just 2 days difference. My dating scan was at the second appointment :) You'll enjoy those ultrasound sessions! I always look forward to mine. Good luck!

Read more

Just don’t be worried if the dates of your EDD changes. Or when baby age changes cause sometimes when it’s too early, it’s difficult to see their size and gauge their age. My first appt I thought I was about 7weeks turned out I was only 5w 4d. And my EDD and baby age changed again after the 2nd appt. So I don’t bother counting from my LMP anymore cause only ultrasound can determine the age of our baby.

Read more

Yess! The doctor will. They have to let you know even though it may not be like 100% accurate coz maybe theres a +/- of one day etc . And also they need to really prepare you incase you are about to enter full term , so they will definitely let you know so you can also know roughly when to start preparing ur baby stuff :) or when to take necessary vitamins / tests .

Read more

Yes! When you do the ultrasound scan, they will date it based on baby’s size.

4y ago

Yay thanks! This is my very first baby appointment! Cant wait!

The ultrasound pic would say how many weeks and days is the baby:)

VIP Member

Estimated edd only based on size of the baby or sac

Ultrasound pic will state the edd n weeks

Of course...

TapFluencer

Yes!

VIP Member

Yes