Do you teach or enroll sport course for your pre schooler? What is the basic sport for pre schooler?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I agree with both Nooraini and Diana. At such an early age, you can let your child explore on what he/she can do and what interests him/her the most. You can expose your child to different activities such as cycling, running (which you can start at home or play in parks and let him/her practice sprint and time her speed) and yes, swimming. I do believe that swimming is one of the essentials. I do not just consider it as a kind of sport but more of a lifetime skill which your child can learn at an early age. If you and your husband knows how to swim, you can guide your child with the basics. If not, you may opt to enrol your preschooler at swimming classes. I found one which you can enrol your child in group classes at 70 SGD per month. Though it is an addition to your household budget, learning how to swim is also an investment and a lifesaving skill everyone should take. If you and your husband don't know how to, you may consider enrolling the whole family and it can be also a form of leisure/recreation so the activity can also serve as a double purpose. You can check this link for the prices and different offerings for swimming lessons: http://www.singaporeswimming.com/

Read more