Do you teach or enroll sport course for your pre schooler? What is the basic sport for pre schooler?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Like Diana, my daughter who's 7 now knows how to cycle and roller blade. She's currently taking swimming lessons with Little Splashes (about $40/lesson). Because I grew up playing sports, we dabble a little of everything whenever we can e.g. soccer if we're at the beach as young as 2, when she was a little more stable in walking and running. It wasn't a proper "training" since she was too young but I ran around with the ball letting her chase after it, or played some shooting or passing. At home she has a mini basketball net fixed to the back of her door which she has been throwing balls for as long as I can remember. And since I was in my school's volleyball team, she naturally picked up the interest after she saw pickings of me playing. Agree with Diana that you don't have to enrol your child in a particular sport so young. I believe this is the age where they can explore their interest and where you can see if she/he has any talent for it. For me, my daughter is pretty agile and fast but her stamina is lousy (exactly like me lol) so while she loves soccer, it's not enough to make her want to play it everyday as compared to doing gymnatics.

Read more