Do you think putting up a sari-sari store is a good business venture? What are the advantages and disadvantages of sari-sari store?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My mom used to own a sari sari store and I could say that it was a good business opportunity since she was the only one selling in her street. She averaged a daily net income of P1k. Of course that could have been better if she operated store in a busier area. Based on experience, here are some advantages and disadvantages of sari-sari store: ADVANTAGES: More time with things that matter like family concerns; you're your own boss; you can sell what the community needs and wants; you can run other businesses at your own time DISADVANTAGES: Sales tend to get unstable; you have to keep up demands of buyers to make them come back; pay monthly rent if store is not home-based

Magbasa pa

Advantages and disadvantages of sari-sari store? Advantages: it's your own business, you're in control. Disadvantages: it's your own business, you're in control! You have to be very responsible to run a business, whether it's a sari-sari store or not. Another advantage of a sari-sari store is that it can be in your own home, so you don't need to suffer through the traffic. Disadvantage is that if it's in your home, the business hours are longer - as long as people want to buy something from your store, you wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity of a sale

Magbasa pa

Ang overhead costs po lang kelangan i-factor in. Yun maganda nga ngayon habang pandemya, puwedeng online. Bale, puwede kayong magsupply o maging sarisari store para sa mga kapitbahay ninyo na ayaw lumabas para maggrocery or magload. Madaming options sa online, o kahit through text brigade puwede. Mag order sila sa umaga para madeliver ninyo sa mga bahay nila sa hapon. Basata may mabibilihan kayo ng inventiory ninyo puwede po yan.

Magbasa pa

My tito has a sari sari store and he's been running it for 10 years already. Although it is a good source of income, he is also lucky that people come to him because his location is good and he established good relationship with the community. However, one of its disadvantages is that competition is stiff. He cannot raise prices that much and it's easy for him to lose customers since his products can be easily bought elsewhere.

Magbasa pa

Advantages: Additional income at the comfort of your own home You have time to be with your family/kids while managing the store. Disadvantages: If there are other sari-sari stores near you, your sales may not be that high unless your items are a bit cheaper. High risk if magpapautang ka kasi may tendency na hindi mabayadan.

Magbasa pa
TapFluencer

A sarisari store is a good investment, and you being the owner can be in control of it, but with the pandemic, things are still a little uncertain. This may not be the best time to put one up yet. If you can wait a couple of months, then try to save more too.

You can always start a small business like sari-sari store mommy. Make sure lang po na iconsider mabuti ang pros and cons such as the location po (if nakatira kayo sa lugar na marami na ang sari-sari store) and also yung costs, lalo na po ngayong may pandemic

There are a lot of things to consider po especially now na pandemic tayo. Kelangan po na pagisipan talaga itong venture kasi kahit puwedeng added income ito, may investment din na kailangan at ayun nga, pandemya ngayon.

Magandang idea yan sir! Pero ngayon sa pandemya, magingat lang po kung paano ninyo gagawin. Dapat may safety protocols kayo sinusunod at alam ng mga customers mo na malinis kayo sa gamit.

ok po sari-sari store kung wala nyan sa inyo. Pero kung tabi-tabi and my convenience store pang malapi, pag isipan nyo po uling mabut at pray din po para may wisdom.