Do I need to limit how much avocado should I give my daughter? Cause I know it’s high in calories.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you're really watching your weight, it's probably wise to stick to about one-half to one whole avocado per day, assuming you are also eating other sources of healthy fats. Avocados are also a higher FODMAP food, meaning they contain carbohydrates that may not be digested or absorbed well

My boy is having avocadoes now. I am generally not concerned about the calories in fruits as I believe that the benefits outweighs it all. My son is 6 months and is finishing half an avocado during a meal :) He drinks warm plain water afterwards.

For my daughter I feed her till she turns away from the spoon or is uninterested in eating anymore. Usually she takes about 1/4 of it. I believe they will stop when they're full. I've never had the issue of feeding too much though.

Don't worry about the fats/calories in avocado because these are healthy fats and babies need fat in their diets for proper growth and development.

Avocado and other fruits are healthy for ur kid. dont limit it to 3per day if they wanted.

thanks