Do u beat your baby when baby is cranky or keep crying non stop you have tried everything but still no use? I just slap his backside or shake him using both hand holding baby's arm ~ I m suspecting I am having depression~

56 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No you don't beat or shake a baby!!!! what kind of dumb question is that. Babies have no idea why you are hurting them. Babies are learning and trying to communicate. You need to go to your doctor and tell them about your depression and also see a therapist before you really hurt that baby. I can't believe you would even think hitting it shaking a baby/child was ok. No, it's absolutely not ok.

Read more
VIP Member

How old is your LO? Different ages of cries have different reasons. If you can't cope, get someone to help you and find out what your baby one. I don't believe baby cry for no reason. Beating them don't solve any problems too. Go for a break, have someone to take over you to look after the baby. If you are FTM, mix with more mummies and learn together. It's also a good time to train your patience too.

Read more
8y ago

first time mom

Mummy, please don't beat your baby. It is natural for your baby to cry when they aren't comfortable or are hungry. If you suspect you are having depression, please reach out to someone to help you. It also might be good to ask your friends and family to help you out with your baby. If you feel overwhelmed at times, just some time away, a long shower or a good nap will do wonders to your wellbeing.

Read more

Your baby is only 5 months old.. plz don't do that again. If he cries alot just divert his attention. Carry him and go out. If he still cries then get help from someone experienced ..(for eg. MIL) Try to find out reason why baby is crying.. soothe him by carrying him . If ur breatfeeing then breatfeed him it will make him feel comfortable and safe.

Read more

don't shake or beat your baby. babies are just like that because they can't tell you yet what they need or howbthey feel. crying babies are either not feeling well, hungry or just fussy because they just feel that way. check if your baby has colic, if not maybe he just wants to be held. or redirect his attention to something else. how old is your baby?

Read more
6y ago

what is colic.my daughter also like that lately.so i have been sleeping while standing and sitting while holding her i dont i could do that skill until now

U spank him cos you are equally frustrated but now that you voiced it out, it's definitely a good sign. Pls stop what you are doing. Speak to yr hubby to see if he can help while you relax. Be positive and tell yrself you are able to take good care of yr baby. Shaking yr baby may lead to brain damage if serious. Don't play play.

Read more

I feel you. I lightly beat my girl on her thigh at times too when she's cranky for no reason. But remember babies only can cry as they still do not know how to express themselves. So you need to have more patience towards them. Speak to your hubby to take over you if possible when you feel that you cannot handle the situation. Hugs!

Read more

why would you beat a baby if he/she is cranky...they are just being "babies" you know..not because we just gave birth we will immediately say we are having "post natal depression", if you think you're having problems, seek help from your family or professional help..don't put the blame on your newborn baby 🙁

Read more

💙Child’s actions are not counted until they reach puberty. As parents, our task is to teach and Coach them throughout their early years. ..Yes you do need some help there and please give your child to your partner or anybody at hand for you to have a break. Poor little one.

poor baby.. when baby is cranky or doesn't stop crying just means there's something wrong , if you feel your about to loose your patience hug your baby not only its the best for ur baby it will also help yourself too when you're feeling depressed

4y ago

yes holding your baby skin to skin or even getting your other half to hold baby with their shirt off and baby with just a nappy on will help to release oxytocin and can help calm the baby. Remember if everyone around the baby is calm, baby is more likely to be calm.