need urgent advise

Divorceed single mother. My ex husb left and never see my child almost 3 years plus. He only provide montly mainetainance for e child. I just want to know : if your ex husb ask you for a copy of birth cert do you give him?? What are the things you dont provide a copy to your ex husb?? The reason i asked because my ex is abusive, never bother to come n see e child. What is the purpose he needs those for. I hv a sole custody. And i want to know my rights. Appeciate some advised. Thank you

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't give him a copy if you are not comfortable. Since he said to buy insurance for the child (take it as is true), you may suggest you will buy for the child through your own agent and he pays for it. You need not have to pass a copy of the child's BC to him in this case. Please state policy holder under your name and life insured will be your child's name. By the way, he can obtain a copy of BC from the ICA since he is the father of the child. Take care.

Read more