c sect mummies

Just did my scan and baby is still breech. I have c sect schedule in 2 weeks time and im so nervous!!! Pls let me know how was ur experience n ur recovery. Its gonna be a long recovery i heard. :( my birth plan didnt go as planned at all and im a FTM. But im glad baby is all healthy.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can feel you as I was also a FTM in a similar situation as you when I deliver in Mar. I was scared and nervous when I know I had to go through C sect and not through natural birth as I thought would happened. In the end C sect is not as scary as I thought it would be. Btw, I opt for GA as I had low threshold for surgery. As for the recovery, different ppl recover differently, it will get better day by day, don't worry too much. Most importantly is rest well, eat well, don't walk ard too much, don't carry heavy stuff and stay happy. There will be painkiller prescribed to help you. Get ur partner to help you if you need to shower/wipe your body. Things will be fine. Jia You Mummy! 😊

Read more
4y ago

The thought of being alone in the Op room is indeed scary but I believe you will be in good hands of the doctor and nurses. My gynae also advice half but I feel most importantly is to go ahead with the option that I'm comfortable with. Do try take good care and rest as much possible if your hubby will be at home for the first 2 weeks. With good rest you will recover faster than you realise. 😊

Don't worry about it. The anticipation for c sect was worse than the process. If you are going to breast feed I would encourage reading up more on that first. On the day of c sect, they will ask you to come and take your vitals all that first layer you can choose to be wheelchaired or walk to OT. Later the anasthesian will come in to do your epidural which is not really painful but more of a sourish feeling. When your legs feel like sandbags they will start the c sect and within 5-10min you will hear your baby crying le. The rest of the time they will stitch you up and put your baby on your breast to get him or her to latch on your nipple for one hour. :) Jiayou

Read more
4y ago

Yes! Jiayou! Don't think about it too much just enjoy the process and the baby

Hi mummy, It’s not too bad! My hubby couldn’t be in the OR, so I contemplated GA C Sect, but didn’t want to miss seeing my baby the moment she came out.. Opted for epidural instead. I was afraid of the epidural so I told the anesthesiologist and he gave me laughing gas before he injected. When they said they’ll be helping my doctor push her out, I requested for someone to hold my hand. A nurse cane and held my hand hahaha. Recovery is okay. I am quite hands on... still feel some pain on the right side considering I’m almost 3 weeks pp. but getting better each day :) Get the binder(get a good smooth one), get high waisted underwear.

Read more
TapFluencer

I'm a c sec mum which unfortunately not very lucky. My own issue too hands on. I had split wound 2nd week after birth and even till 1 year now it still split alittle. My advice will be don't be too hands on during first month very critical. Buy the binder to keep your wound safe. I didn't got it I never thought it's so important. Regretted. Apply all the cream and med doctor gave. I have friends who recovers 80 percent at 4 month pp.

Read more
4y ago

Oh no :( did doc do anything abt the split? Ouch sounds painful... ok i will take note not to hands on too much as i think i am also independent like you. I like to do things on my own and to do things fast. Maybe thats why i feel slightly sad that i cant do all the things i used to do that quickly after the surgery. Thank you mummy for ur advice! ❤

No worries mommy, I had a c-Sec as well after gone thru induce for about 10 hours....at last need go for c-Sec...I think c-Sec direct option is better choice...very fast procedure take about 30 minutes & you can listen baby is crying...everything is worth for the Long wait n overwhelmed...won’t feel so pain, no worries 💪😃

Read more

Hi mummy, I just had c sect one month plus ago. Is really not that scary tho. Epidural not pain at all. Just that after one day of your surgery, nurse will force you to walk. That’s the most painful part. Jiayou!

TapFluencer

I had my csec at 40 Trust me, the process is not as scary as what we read or hear I didn't take any painkiller on day 2 onwards and take care baby myself right after home Relax and jiayou!!

Read more
4y ago

Yes. The pain killer I took only first week. Subsequently I was okey. Pain killer will help to promote healing by bring down the inflammation. Don’t worry about breastfeeding. I did manage to look after my newborn and my 20 months daughter as well after c - Sec. So, time has changed and stitching methods has improved a lot.

don't worry. If you wish to know more about this read this 'https://sg.theasianparent.com/mum-shamed-about-her-caesarean

4y ago

Thx. I read this b4. :)

VIP Member

Csect isn’t as scary as people made it sound. 😊 I had mine last year and I’m doing great.

4y ago

Yes.. so many stories online. i dare not look at videos cos im scared. But thank you for the reassurance. ❤❤