Qns For Hijab Wearing Mommies Who Have Given Birth Or Plan To

Did you cover your head i.e. Instant tudung/serkop when in labor room? My mom is insisting I wear but I feel weird cause we're gonna be naked down under anyway...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

personally, I don't feel the need since you are in labor room and most of the nurses and doc that tend to you are female. And the only person who can accompany you is your husband. And once you are in labor, you will quite move around (in pain), and you may perspire abit. So you don't want to sweat more with your head covered. Unless you can request for the shower cap.

Read more

I am a hijabi. I removed everything the moment i was warded. I was alr in immense pain and i just wanted to be comfortable. Even without it, in an aircon room, i was perspiring from bearing the contractions. Only after the delivery process i put on an inner as i will be wheeled out and also was expecting family members to visit. Its a personal preference really.

Read more

I think it’s up to your personal preference as you’re the one giving birth so you should be in your most comfortable state to welcome your little one and not worry about all these nitty-gritty. If your mum wants to judge you for that, just don’t invite her into the delivery room. She won’t know if you wore or not.

Read more

I don’t think there is a need to my dear. You will be in pain and will perspire even though the aircon is on. You can put on your hijab once you have safely delivered your baby and in thedelivery ward :) all the best to you!

VIP Member

its up to you, if you are comfortable or not. but mostly i wont recomment it cause all of the nurses and doctors are female and when you are in labour, you will feel uncomfortable and perspired and all

Labour is already so uncomfy. Pls make yourself as relaxed as possible. If wearing serkop is comfy then do it, if it’s odd for you, don’t.