Did anyone use machine powder like the one seen in the photo for washing the machine first before putting baby clothes in for subsequent wash? Is this effective or necessary at all?

Post image
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I did and it is the exact same brand :)! U must be feeling, like "finally someone tried n tested is answering me...". But I used it only once. I use this to descale my 4 yr old washing machine just once, prior to washing brand new clothes for my newborn last year. Somehow, it gave me a peace of mind? Just makes u psychologically feel better that your washing machine is cleaner b4 you wash ur baby's clothes. Subseq I did not use it. However I plan to use it once a while just to descale and maintain the machine. it is just like how we need to descale coffee machine frequently etc. effective or not? yes, machine is v clean. Necessary or not. depends on how old ur washing machine is, how dirty it is, what do u wash usually.. in fact even without having to wash lo's clothes, it may be good to descale it. but if u are worried, then using the baking soda and vinegar mtd maybe better like what Racheal sugg. cheers

Read more

I never like to used chemical on my kids item so I normally wash my clothes and washing machine with baking soda only.

VIP Member

never tried though. I just use baby detergent straight away, Maybe i should try

Read more

No idea at all. I just wash everything with detergent and 60degrees hot water.

VIP Member

Never try before. My washing machine have Eco tub without chemical wash .