Hi dear parents! Im a first time mom and im new here. My son is 10days old. I just want to ask if it is safe to give him vitamins at his age? If yes, what vitamins can i give him?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Hello, In most of the cases, mother's milk makes up for all the requirements of the baby, Vitamin D being the exception. For this the doctor may advice Vitamin D supplement if the baby is drinking 32 ounces of formula milk everyday. And sometimes infants may also have iron deficiency. But in any case, I think you should seek your doctor's advice as whether the baby should be given vitamins and if yes, then in how much quantity. I am sharing a link with you, please go through it, it may be helpful to you. http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/feeding-your-baby/vitamins-and-babies.aspx

Magbasa pa

Hi, Well! Are you being told by the doctor that he requires vitamins or is deficient in vitamins and has prescribed so. If not, then do not give any vitamin. Till six months your breastmilk is all that is needs and it will suffice for al his nutrients and vitamins.

Thank you so much! 😊