Strands of hair on the floor

Dear mummies who are staying with your in laws, does your mother in law constantly nags or have anger outbursts on your dropped hair strands? As much as i tried to pick up and sweep the hair strands off the floor, MIL scolds and reprimands that i dropped too much hair, all over the floor. It is not a bunch of hair but single isolated strands here and there. MIL said she doesn’t understand why I drop so much hair and should pick up every single strand of it that I dropped and throw it into the dustbin. Mummies, how to deal with this? It’s v miserable to get constantly nagged about dropped hair.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t live with MIL? 😆 if that’s impossible then you can... 1) tell her it’s genetic, nothing u can do to change that.. 2) get a robot vacuum 3) tie your hair up 4) get your husband to try and explain it’s not like you’re dropping your hair on purpose.. 5) ask her to sponsor your scalp treatment so you’ll stop dropping hair (which is impossible).. 6) send her a link on why it’s normal to drop hair 7) bleach your hair and if any dark hairs are found on the floor you can ask her “now who’s going bald?!” In all seriousness, maybe getting your husband to be a mediator might be one of the better options 😆

Read more

Hey, I would say that your MIL should be understanding of the fact that post delivery the hairfall is really common and hence sometimes you really lose the track. But having said that try your level best to maintain the hygiene and best to talk to her as well about this on how the constant nagging makes you feel

Read more

I think older people are like that. Even my hubby also nag that I lose too much hair and although I think it’s quite true, I just tell him that well, it’s normal cos he has short hair so he won’t understand. And I’ll try to vacuum up a bit more often when I see strands lying around.

VIP Member

It’s normal to drop hair and especially if you have long hair. Maybe your MIL has OCD or that she doesn’t like you. Maybe you can try to vacuum the floor more often or ask your husband to talk to her. He should protect you from his mother’s “attacks”.

I seriously wonder why such MIL exist... Please ignore her. I know that won't stop her from nagging but no choice. I have a MIL that nags at me too for things that doesn't make sence till I got depression and cry when I can't stand her. Stay stong!

VIP Member

Personally I don't like to see hair on the floor too, one or two strands are fine so I can understand how your mil feels😝 But still there's no need for her to feel angry or anything like that... :(

My MIL likes to nag too which is why I refused to stay with her. But you can try clipping up your hair when you are out of the room to prevent hair dropping on the floor.

Omg i'm also having hair loss and paiseh my hair is all over the place, my MIL also said 'wah u getting botak already huh" 😟 how to fix my hair loss postpartum

I do face it when my MIL is here in to stay with us, will roll the floor with sticky roll twice a day to stop her nagging

Yea, I am using robocleaner for this mess as well. Reduce the hassle of dropped hair mess.