baby stop carrying when mil carry

Dear mummies My mil and i are taking care of baby together. I am currently on ML. It hurts me that baby stop crying when my mil carry and crylike murder when i carry. I feel jealous toward my mil and even a tinge of hate toward baby for stop crying when my mil carry. I sometime secretly hope that baby cry when my mil carry so that i knows baby cry cause of some other reason rather than just want to be attached to my mil. It doesnt feel right to me as a mum that baby seek comfort with my mil and not from his own mum How do i handle this emotion? This is so wrong and unhealthy.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also felt the same thing when my first baby was born. My mum carried baby more often then me, + I am EP mum so I naturally have lesser skin to skin. I confronted my mum when she always carry the baby away from me when baby is crying. I said that I need to learn to take care of baby even if she is crying. If my mum always takes the baby away, I will not be able to learn to soothe baby. After that, she give me chance to take care of baby. I think its important to communicate. I'm sure your MIL is not out there to purposely make u feel that you dont know how to take care of baby or lessen the connection between your baby and you. Its just that the older generation have a tendency to try to keep baby from crying so they think that they can stop and they will carry baby away from you when baby cry. If possible, try to have some chance to learn to soothe baby when she cry. It will improve your skill of taking care of babies.

Read more