Dear Mummies, I have been latching my 3mo daughter to sleep until earlier this week, where she keeps wanting to suck fingers to sleep. And when she couldn't place her fingers successfully into her mouth, she would kick up a fuss n cry.. The same cycle would happen over n over again.. End up every night she fell to sleep due to tiredness from those crying sessions. I tried to introduce all kinds of pacifier, from Avent to NUK, but she rejected all of them. How can I get her to use pacifier instead of fingers? I'm totally at a loss right now.. I feel like I'm in a battlefield every night.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummy, Had a friend who was in the same situation as you. She had to trial and error with different types of pacifiers till she found one that her baby take to. Also, she recommended this article for your reading: http://parent.guide/how-to-choose-the-best-baby-pacifier/ The article touched on different types of pacifiers and some tips you can try. Hope this helps!! Hang in there~

Read more
8y ago

Hi, really thanks for the help n info! :)

i think u can try swaddling baby . mine appears to hate it in the past and will struggle n cry . after a while, she sleeps. she dont suck her thumb but she keep startled up by her own arms and legs. lol

VIP Member

Why don't you keep her swaddled? We still swaddle our baby to bed

8y ago

We tried to swaddle her, but she doesn't like it, she would fuss n cry when we swaddle her.