sharp breast pain

day 11 pp and im feeling sudden sharp breast pain on and off. currently ebm to let my nips heal. i pump whenever i feel heavy there. is there anything i should be worried?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I get the pain if I overpump actually, like when I try to squeeze out every drop of milk when pumping. It’s like my body is telling me that I’m working the production line too hard. But when I latch more rather than pump, I don’t get such pain. For the nipple pain, I just apply the lanolin ointment (I used Medela Purelan ointment) before and after latching. It helps a lot.

Read more
Super Mum

It could be either thrush or nipple vasospasm https://breastfeeding.support/nipple-vasospasm-breastfeeding/ Vasospasm could be because of wrong latch. If it's thrush the pain is really long lasting and unbearable 😅 and you need to apply antifungal cream. Either way if it gets bad you should go check with doctor. Take care!

Read more
VIP Member

I felt sudden sharp pain too when I bf or pump back then. Nth to worry. Maybe it’s the letdown If u feel swollen, red , lump, feverish etc then is breast engorgement Do check armpit have any lump too.

Read more