My daughter is now 6 months old. However, she still has visible hair on her forehead, upper lips, arms, back and legs. Are there any home remedies that can be followed at this age to make them completely disappear.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Since, the baby is so small I think you should consult her doctor before trying any home remedy. Also the babies skin is so soft that you never know they may develop rash or allergy. All that you can think of trying on your own is, you can rub your breast milk where there is excess hair. You can do it everyday before giving bath to the baby. Generally, the hair on their own disappear. Normally, this is done soon after few days of baby's birth because the hair that time is so tender and soft that rubbing milk on them bring them out without much ado. But you can still try it and do it regularly. I am sure you will see decrease in the number of hair. Also, you can discuss this with her paediatrician as well.

Read more

having body hair till the age of 8 months or a little longer is absolutely normal. however, if you want, you can make a paste of besan and ghee, or besan and malai, and massage it gently on your baby's skin, in the opposite direction of the hair growth. please also speak to your baby's doc to make sure it won't cause any problem, even though it is an otherwise safe home remedy.

Read more

Daily give her bath with a mixture of besan, Malai, haldi and a little milk. Bfor bath give a light massage with olio sasson( bertolli olive oil) comes in a green tin. Let oil seep in and then give the rub of the paste of besan. Do it for a month at least.