6 year old doesn’t want to go to school

Hi my daughter in next year Jan completes her 6 years, she doesn't take interest in studies she is in class 1. Daily before going school she starts crying she don't want to go, she only wants to play or watch tv, I asked her teacher is there any problem in school with her but she said no,we are so upset she get hyper many time, pls suggest what should we do

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, I think it is not something unique that is happening to you. She is just 6 and she will take her time to set in a routine and follow a schedule. My daughter is also 6, and though she listens to most of the things that I tell her, she drives me crazy on the days when she is in no mood to do her homework. I think, when we start putting the pressure that we feel on our kids, then the kids in their own way retaliate. They are too small to do it in an accepted manner, and don't know that if they will have a conversation with their parents perhaps parents will understand. Like, an infant when born and is hungry or uneasy or unwell shows his discomfort by crying. Same way, when they are this young, they do not know any other way of showing their discomfort by getting angry, crying, being stubborn, defiant etc. I suggest, do not bother her too much. Give her break at first and talk to her teacher and tell her that even if she takes time in picking up things in class, let it be. You do not mind her coping a little late. Give her some more time is what probably what she is signalling to. Let her do things at her own pace, at the max what will happen is, she would learn things in school a few months after the regular schedule. And does that really matter!

Read more