Flu how?

Currently at week 11.. having flu.. can I take medicine?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont self medicate, ensure you visit a doctor. Try to rest more, eat well, drink more water to help you recover faster. Take good care and God bless you and baby.

Read more

I had really bad flu esp at night. My OBGYN gave me flu medicine thats safe to consume during pregnancy. I slept like a baby after that. Just express ur concern to ur OBGYN

Yes go to a GP but tell them you are pregnant. They will give you a pregnant safe med. Thats what i did and got better!

good to visit a gynae and get the right medicine which can be used as standby for the remaining 29 weeks

VIP Member

I went to see my gynae and get him to prescribe me flu meds suitable for pregnancy just to be safe than sorry

You try search the Loratadine. It suitable for pregnant women and breastfeeding. But better ask the doctor

See your doct first but u can try hot drink lemongrass plus honey plus lemon and take a vitamin c

3y ago

FYI: Lemongrass should not be consumed during pregnancy as the two compounds found in lemongrass, namely, citral and mycrene can have adverse effects on pregnancy. Mycrene, when consumed in high doses, can hamper the skeletal development of the foetus and even result in a miscarriage. Intake of lemongrass in concentrated forms such as lemongrass tea or supplements can lead to severe complications during pregnancy. Lemongrass can be consumed in small amounts, such as in Thai dishes, where it is used as a seasoning, but it is best avoided altogether. Effects on the Foetus - Lenongrass extracts can fasten cell-death and hamper cell multiplication causing poor growth. - Lemongrass can cause skeletal abnormalities. - It could result in stillbirth. Effects on the Mother - Lemongrass has long been used in herbal medicine to bring on menstruation. In large quantities, it could induce the rupture of the foetal membrane, causing a miscarriage. - Lemongrass affects blood sugar regulation. If

VIP Member

Can .. bt check with ur gyne for next visit .. better to take flu shots if it’s repeats

Best to consult your OB before taking any meds or any home remedy.