Covid vaccination

Currently 10 weeks pregnant n have been wanting to take vaccine for weekssss as I also have a 17mo at home n I work in hospital environment, having dilemma as I’m unsure if it’s really okay for unborn baby? I’m under kkh subsidised route & so far gynaes don’t exactly have a strong opinion on it

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have the same dilemma as you. I work in a higher risk env too and the govt approved preg mums taking the vaccine since I was 27 weeks. But I thought since I’m in the last trimester already I will just wait till I give birth. But now I’m 32weeks and the cases are so bad…. Perhaps you can weigh the pros and cons- is the risk of exposure (eg do you work in patient facing or non patient facing hosp env) greater than the risk of possible side effects, if there are any? For me the risk of exposure was v big, and my gynae also says it’s ok for me to take the vaccine anytime, even now. But I’m still worried about side effects for the baby. So i just decided to stick to my beliefs and not take the vaccine until baby is born, and for now I’ll be taking leave from work as much as possible. I think there is not enough data yet to know for sure if it’s really safe or not for unborn baby. But there are many mummies who have gotten their jabs and are safe. So it really boils down to your beliefs, only you know what is best for you and baby :)

Read more
3y ago

I can’t take leave as I’m paid hourly :( If I don’t work I don’t get paid sigh..