Culturally and environmentally, what are the pros and cons of sending your children to a co-ed school?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'd say that it is a chance for children to practise respect and cooperation with the opposite genders at a co-ed school. Women and men created with differences. Children should learn about those differences, how to work together instead of fighting which gender is better. Also i have seen girls from girls-only school, they either too shy or too aggressive when boys are around. Not all but i rather have my children comfortable because in real life, both genders exist and live together, right? Cons: teenage love starts early so parents have to monitor.

Read more

I'm a huge proponent of co-ed schools. The real world consists of women and men so why deprive children of interacting, working, communicating with the opposite gender just because they are in school. If one is worried about the so-called cons (inappropriate interaction, sex-related), opportunities like these can occur in all-boys or all-girls schools too.

Read more
VIP Member

I grew up in a single sex sch and man I hated it. Lots of bullying

VIP Member

Social skills. And knowing boundaries between sexes

Social skills mingling with the opposite sexes.