What's a nice gift for a new daddy-to-be?

What's a nice gift for a new daddy-to-be? hoping to surprise my husband during our wedding anniversary!

42 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I might sound over the top here but I decided to give my husband a push-gift instead of vice-versa. I spoke to him about it before hand as I wanted to involve him in buying the gift - a flashy BMW motorcycle. I decided to gift him that as I knew it was his secret desire - but he would never have bought it himself due to "dad guilt" - both on how much it would cost (wasting money) and the whole safety factor. But I did not want him to ever look back at life when we are old and grey and have regret about the things we wished we did. I felt that the best thing I could do is support him on his secret dream. Also, I know being a first time dad is a sort of "wake up call" for most men, where they need to grow up quick from being boys to being a dad. This is scary and it is hard - I don't want him to feel that the "game is up" just because of his new responsibilities. I did set up rules of course - safety first, no speeding, no riding if he is sleep-deprived, and don't bug me to pillion with him - one of us needs to stay safe always! My advice to you - give him something he has been dreaming off - you would know it best. :)

Read more