How did you choose your Gynaecologist?

Tell us the one factor which help you made this decision.

How did you choose your Gynaecologist?
36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A Gynae who will put patient first and not their interest first. Heard a few bad practices who obviously only interested in earning more money from their patients. Same for my Ex gynae, she is super experienced and have good reviews, but along w time spent w her during the visits, it is very obvious to me she is scared of trouble. If any complications happen, she will not think the best for mum/baby but to cover her own a** first.

Read more
VIP Member

1. patient and explains when you ask something. 2. didn't try to frighten you with something and always give you confidence 3. pro natural birth 4. near to home to avoid long traveling after birth 5. try to save cost for you my first Gynae doesn't has all these qualities but second yes. blessed to meet him. it's luck

Read more
3y ago

may i know who? thanks in advance!

She was my sister’s gynae and sis recommended her as she was really good. Also check online forums from other couples who engaged her as gynae. Gynae was very nice and soft spoken. Even the midwife who was there during my labour commented that I made a good choice by choosing this gynae.

3y ago

may i know who? thanks in advance!

Super Mum

At first we just went for the one nearest to our house for convenience, but we stuck with him because he's very thorough and patient, willing to answer questions, and most importantly shows empathy and understanding of my problems.

Female + near to home + comfort level when consulting + gentle when probing. Cos i had a male gynae before n he was pretty rough.. did vagina scan & i bleed afterwards. Insensitive to conplications too.

Easy access via public transport from house and experience because mine happened to be with complications

It was randomly given by concierge the first visit,it went well as gynae is accomodating

VIP Member

Experience + reviews + my comfort level during the visit. Also, I wanted a female Gynae

VIP Member

Found a very experienced but relatively cheap one. Money was the motivating factor

Female and location and was very comfortable with my Gynae from the 1st visit.