Gestational Diabetes at wk 28

Just to check if any mums with GD experience with this? I am trying to check my blood sugar daily. But out of 3 meals a day usually will have one meal that slightly exceeds 6.5 (max range after food, taken 2hrs after meal). Is reading 6.8-7.0 for that exceeding meal bad for baby development? I’m trying hard and is very hungry but I still have problem getting every meal below 6.5… Please help..

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! I was diagnosed at week 25 and started glucose monitoring at week 27 and omg i can totally relate. There is always that one meal that exceeds 6.6 after 2hrs! I keep a food diary and realise that on days I ate white rice it’ll go way up high. It’s been 2 weeks since, bur my readings are still slightly higher than targeted eventhough I eat brown rice now, pasta on some days and cut on other carbo like potatoes and starchy veggies (which i love 🥲). At the my recent check up doc prescribed me Metformin - it’s only been 2 days since I started but hoping that it’ll work in lowering my sugar level. Jiayou to both of us!

Read more
3y ago

Thanks babe, I try to cut carbs totally from lunch and dinner.. like I order mala Xiang Guo then I just eat 2 mouth of rice but just eat the ingredients. It still will be within 6.6 after 2hrs. You can try to cut the carbs and have a fruit at tea break. We all have to jiayou!