Gestational Diabetes at wk 28

Just to check if any mums with GD experience with this? I am trying to check my blood sugar daily. But out of 3 meals a day usually will have one meal that slightly exceeds 6.5 (max range after food, taken 2hrs after meal). Is reading 6.8-7.0 for that exceeding meal bad for baby development? I’m trying hard and is very hungry but I still have problem getting every meal below 6.5… Please help..

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you can eat more small meals instead of 3 main meals to reduce the intake...that what my doc advise me. I'm a type 2 diebetic so I have to control my diet through the whole pregnancy. so I have been eating small meals instead of 3 main meals and my small meals are usually half of the portion of the usual meals noodle and rice. you can try half portion of main and after that 2 hrs to eat fruits that are low in sugar..no juices cause high in sugar but fruits like avocado, guava, dragon fruits, kiwi..etc in moderate also....I will sometimes also eat those energy oat bar in half also. cause doc also scare my gal will be too big to deliver so I also dun dare eat too much and instead loses weight during pregnancy. also those maternal milk for diabetic mum forgot which brand.baby growing well so ok for me and I need to induce at wk 38 cause of my condition and lucky my baby not too big to deliver 😅

Read more
3y ago

Thanks for sharing! I hope you have a smooth delivery and good luck to you!