Gestational Diabetes at wk 28

Just to check if any mums with GD experience with this? I am trying to check my blood sugar daily. But out of 3 meals a day usually will have one meal that slightly exceeds 6.5 (max range after food, taken 2hrs after meal). Is reading 6.8-7.0 for that exceeding meal bad for baby development? I’m trying hard and is very hungry but I still have problem getting every meal below 6.5… Please help..

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have you seen a dietician yet? I got diagnosed 2 weeks ago too, and have been monitoring as well. Checked in w my dietician and she say I might be under eating as I’d went to weigh my brown rice intake when cooking at home. I usually eat 80g of brown rice, but she say I can actually eat double of it! But she’s not encouraging me eat double now, and just eat w what I’m comfortable with :) Have a chat with your doctor/dietician and they’ll be able to advise you! :)

Read more
3y ago

They didn’t guide me what to eat but I realized I can’t eat the recommended amount of carbs as it’s just will push my sugar off limits. So apart from breakfast I can have 1.5 to 2 slices of Low GI bread. I basically cut carbs off my lunch and dinner but I eat egg or tofu instead. I feel it works 😊