Can baby drink my breast milk cold?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some babies do not mind drinking cold breastmilk and technically you can go straight from the fridge to baby. But the problem is that it is tougher to get the layer of fatty milk to mix back in the milk when it is cold. Hence, it is recommended to take the chill off by running the bottle under a little hot water or by soaking it for a couple of minutes for the fatty milk to mix into the milk. That layer of fatty milk will satisfy her for longer and helps in healthy weight gain. In addition, baby usually prefer milk that is closer to body temperature. Remember to never heat the baby's milk in the microwave. This can cause "hot spots" in the milk that can burn the baby and high heat destroys some of the nutrients. If possible, let the baby latch as frequent as possible. Direct latching is the best. It helps to produce more milk and it is a form of bonding for mother and baby.

Read more

Yup, like what the rest have mentioned, there is no issue with feeding cold breast milk to a child as long as he/she is alright with drinking it. The nutritional value would not be affected and baby would still benefit from it. It is simply the preference of the baby that will determine if he/she takes to that temperature. You can thaw frozen milk in the fridge by transferring it from the freezer into the refrigerator for 24 hours. Alternatively, you can also place the frozen milk into a bowl of warm water for thawing.

Read more

Most babies prefer it lukewarm. Children usually begin drinking refrigerated drinks like milk, water and juice at 10 to 12 months, but if your child doesn't like cold milk, you can continue warming it up.

Depends on your baby. Some baby suka warm milk. Some baby suka cold. My baby start 4month she only want cold milk direct from the chiller.

No issues with drinking cold Bm. The only thing is that baby might prefer milk that's closer to body temperature.

I was told that drinking cold milk lead to gassiness. Nt sure how true

technically yes. but i think it depends on the baby too.