Is dragon fruit for baby safe?

Dragon fruit for babies - is it okay? Do you give dragon fruit for baby?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yep. My 6+ months old son loves it, especially the pink ones! Dragonfruit has all kind of wonderfruit nutrients like Vitamin C, polyunsaturated (the good kind) fatty acids and several B vitamins for carbohydrate metabolism, as well as carotene and protein. Dragonfruit also contains calcium which helps develops strong bones and teeth, iron and phosphorus for healthy blood and tissue formation. Baby's poop also turns an interesting shade of pinkish purple with specks of dots in them!

Read more

It is generally safe to feed tropical fruits at about 8 months of age. Just watch for any reactions to them. Dragon fruit is high in antioxidants. Good source of calcium, phosphorus and vitamin C. They are also high in fiber. Some mummies start giving dragon fruit as early as 6 months. You can give it to your baby as it is. You can mash it or cut into smaller pieces but be careful not to let baby choke on it.

Read more
VIP Member

I would go ahead and serve a portion daily of dragon fruit for baby! But to be honest, personally I don't like dragon fruit - no flavor! But if you're wondering if it's safe to give dragon fruit for babies, of course it is. It's filled with calcium to help baby grow strong bones :)

7y ago

My lil one is 7 mons old. Just gerber and cerelac now... i gave her dragon fruit but i was removing the seeds.. or should i just let her take it?

Most fruits are safe for baby if 6 months or older including dragon fruit for baby. As always, take the usual precautions. Mash the fruit properly and try a little first to see if your baby has any reactions to it.

a little dragon fruit to start with is ok. Make sure your child has no reaction to it. Dragon fruit is very rich in nutrients that helps your baby well!

Dragon fruit for baby is safe but might want to check for allergies first. And only introduce after baby is 6 months old.

Dragon fruit for baby is safe for 6mos and older. But try a little first and see if your baby is allergic

what to expect po with their poops after eating dragon fruit specially the pick ones

Yes dragon fruit is okay for a child if he/she is upto 6months old

Dragon fruit stimulates good bowel movement in babies so yes, its safe