Can my 1 year old play with slides already?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In small slides you can let him go under your supervision. This will build his confidence. I was so overprotective with my child that somewhere I instilled little fear in her for trying new things. So, do not do this mistake and let him do things on his own with you being there to lend a hand if required.

Read more

I let my son experienced slides at Active Fun when he was exactly 1 year old as it was the venue for his party, but of course his auntie accompanied him all the way down. You can see that he's quite scared so kids at that age really need supervision.

VIP Member

My boy is 16 months old and he has just started going on short slides himself. I think 1 yr old is still a little too young to take on the slide him/herself. You might want to sit with your baby if you really want to play with the slide.

Even before our girl was below 1, we always sit and slide down together with her on the slide. At 18 months she can slide down on the slide by her own, but we still stay close to her even though she can slide down on her own.

I think it's completely fine for your child to play with slides as long as there's adult supervision! Meaning to say, you need to sit and slide down the slides with him, hold him etc. :-)

My boy started taking the lower slides by himself in the pg when he was 13 mths. He started walking at 11 mths so he was v stable. If ur baby is ready, why not?

1 year old is still to early for slides. Make sure that the child can stand sturday on his or her own plus strict supervision is highly recommended.

yes my almost three year old has been playing at the park since 10 months. She was born in July so we wait until the next summer.

Oh yes absolutely! Be around him. Let him do everything independently. This way he will grow strong and independent.

VIP Member

Yes mostly we make them slide on our lap or holding while slide