Bus seat or Mrt seat

No bus seat or Mrt seat for you even your baby bump is popping out. I'm entering my 2nd trimester and my belly is visible. No one offered to give me seat. Does this happened to you too?

89 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I examine when I was pregnant, office people (after office hour) tends not to offer seat, and also college student is also very ignorant (not sure if bcos most of them r foreigner study here or else). the nicest is students (happens to offer me to ask people give seat for me), cos I think they volunteer a lot during their school break, and those foreign workers (bangla/india) guys and maids, they seems more aware and will gave their seat immediately when they saw pregnants. the worst one is a pregnant lady sitting next to his husband (or whatsoever), holding his hand, and don't care of other preggo infront of her (if me, I will definitely ask hubby to gave his seat)

Read more
Super Mum

Me too! This aunty push me and say her leg pain(for the last reserve seat) and another makcik that was sitting at reserve seat too (the sec reserve seat - that was side by side) tell the aunty off that im preg and i need a seat. At that time i was alrd 36wks, carrying a backpack and a tote bag. The makcik wanted to give up her seat for me, while the other passangers are all suddenly blind or kena spell to slp. Ended up, i just stand and ask the makcik to sit. The aunty kerp saying leg pain. My mouth like want to say - u fall down, only break bones but if i fall down i might lose a precious innocent life + mine. 😓

Read more
4y ago

Funny thing is all of the ignorant seating on normal seats, they just pretend and ignore. So pathetic people !

Yup I can count the number of times I get offered a seat, considering I take the train frequently. I choose to think that these people are tired too (good thoughts!). Usually if it’s only a few stops, I wouldn’t mind standing but I get worried if it’s peak period + nothing to hold on to in a packed cabin out of fear if the train suddenly brakes. If you’re really tired, don’t paiseh and just ask for the reserved seat! Your life and baby’s are very important- two lives at stake!

Read more
TapFluencer

Honestly I encounter so many times but I also do encounter people giving up seats for me and my kids. All I can say, nothing much u can do. Just close one eye. Sometimes I stand near the door, not expecting anyone to give their seats to me. I don't wish to judge, as the people sitting down may feel unwell or stand along day at work. If u feel really unwell just ask the person sitting on the priority seat to let u sit. No harm asking.

Read more

Without trying to sound less compassionate to preggies like us, we don't have priority over seats in public transport. If you want it, ask for it nicely. It's not a privilege. No demands. So what if we are pregnant? Someone who looks well, might be in a needier position than us. It's not a must for young looking/healthier people giving up the seats for us. So live, and let live.

Read more

I think it is quite a norm, I'm currently in my second trimester and entering third trimester pretty soon but so far had only been offered a seat once by an auntie who was sitting together with her grandson. But I rejected nicely, as she barely sat down and she noticed my bump. Usually, I just wait till people leave the seat before I sit down, or stand if it is only a few stops away.

Read more

Yup, people tend to use their phone and pretend like they never see you. And even when they do see you, they continue to close their eyes or use their phone. Then again what can you do, when you ask them they will say 'We also pay fare what. Pregnant means must give you my seat meh?'. Times are changing and it's really about what humanity is left here

Read more
4y ago

Ha ha ... when there are no priority seats anymore, I just stand in front of these young people and show my bump more. Don’t know if they feel any shame of themselves.

I’ve been quite lucky so far as after my 2nd trimester, always get some kind soul who nicely gave up their seat for me. Maybe they’re not sure if you’re pregnant as some people offered seats before but the lady was just plain fat. So ask nicely if you really need the seat. For me, if have seat, I’ll take. If not seat, I’ll wait and see.

Read more
Super Mum

I got furious everytime i take the mrt when i was pregnant 😅busy stations would have staff manning almost each train door eg at bishan stn. I would board from those manned doors so the mrt staff could shout out to people to offer their seats😁but towards my last trimester i just gave up and took Grab home after work.

Read more

yup! mine was obvious too but the people pretended really well not to see but i caught them stealing glances then look away. it’s an ugly society. the young ones & self-entitled people (not old or weak or handicapped) are most sickening in their behaviour. i say u should just ask for it if u really need the seat.

Read more