Discharge during pregnancy

Is brown discharge normal during 2nd trimester?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would suggest that you call or email your Gynae regarding this.. I had spotting(brown discharge too), after called and emailed Gynae regarding the spotting. After monitoring but the spotting keep coming on and off, Gynae suspected it could be due to my low placenta. Had medi and jabs for few months before the spotting was completely stopped. Pls inform your Gynae and see what’s he/her advise on this

Read more

This means it has a lot of blood vessels, so it can bleed easily. If your cervix is irritated during pregnancy, it may cause some brownish-pink discharge. This can happen at any point during your pregnancy. It may be caused by sex, a cervical check by your doctor, or an infection. Consult your gynae for advise

Read more

Don’t worry too much there is alot or this and that changes in our body im actually very surprised after delivery everything turn back to normal in not much time

Maybe monitor first, i have spotting 1st & 2nd trimster, brownish or white... doctor mention both is fine for me... nothing to worry about

Suggest ubtake a pic and chl with gynae during next visit. If the discharge is frequent, dont wait till next appt and just walk in!

VIP Member

Hi... brown discharge could be spotting. Please consult your gynecologist if it turns red or if the quantity is a lot.

I had this problem during pregnancy. Consult with your doc .do your work slowly .it didn't affect my pregnancy

TapFluencer

Monitor the quantity and if it's increasing or doesn't stop, please consult your doctor

Super Mum

Hi mummy! Pls monitor. If it's turns to bleeding then go to A&E immediately!

Observe and see? If it's too much or causing pain then better see doc