1.5yo toddler starting childcare

My boy started childcare last week and is still crying before entering the school. The in laws are saying that he is so poor thing and say that my husband and I did not bother about my son's feelings and that he does not like to go to school. How can i counter them? They feel that 1.5yo is too young to leave the parents to go to school and too young to pick up any social skills or learn anything because my husband and i grew up fine without going to childcare too. We tried to convinced him that it is just the transition stage for the child. But he kept insisting that it is too young and my son is unhappy!!. How should i counter him!!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I put my boy into ifc when he is 6 mths old. Due to both of us got to work n no one look after. My bog Don have much issue when go to pg as his personality is a very easy going person and well adaptable. I heard from my boy classmate which have the same issue as u. They try to put their kid in for half day first like from morning till 1plus and pick them back. Let them slowly get use to it and get along with friends and teachers. From there u slowly extend the hours. Hope it help u our somehow.

Read more