Hi , my Boy is 21 months old but he is still not speaking in sentences or has a wide vocabulary. I read he should acquire more than 50 vocabulary but his is still very limited. Words that he can say: Ma Ma , dad, ge ge (Brother in mandarin) , clock , eggs , bus, ball, meow, nose, eyes, what's this , I don't want , no, Yi Yi (aunt), po po (grandma ) .. I think that's about it .. should I be worried ? My friend's kids are all speaking with much more vocabulary than my boy so I'm very worried. My elder son was already speaking in sentences when he was 18 months old .. I don't wanna compare but can't help but get worried:(

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My li'l domina is turning 2 years old this January and you bet, your baby boy has wider vocabulary than hers. Am I worried? Not really. What I think is, she's just confused what language to use 'coz I'm talking with her in English, my parents talked to her in Iluko and her daddy talked to her in Filipino. I felt bad for my li'l domina because she might be having hard time to figure out what language she should use. And I don't want to add pressure on her by comparing her with other toddlers. Just talk to him daily. Soon, he'll be able to catch up. Trust me. 😊

Read more