Reading

Hi mums/ dads, my son is 5yrs old, in K1 and he still doesnt know how to read sentences, he can read words like boy, bat, ball, apple. Am really worried that he is lagging behind :'(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

There shouldn't be a problem if he can read the words. Maybe you can try breaking the sentence into multiple word cards. For example: I am a boy. Let him read "I", then "am", "a", "boy". After that combine the words and let him read the sentence. Maybe he is just not so confident in reading sentences. Don't forget to compliment him when he is trying to read.

Read more

Hi, If he is able to read out the words then it is just a matter of time. Sit with him and help him by breaking small sentences in words and then joining them in a sentence. You can have sentences which have words that are his favourite. For example, i love chocolate milk etc.

VIP Member

Does his teacher have any comment on that? If not maybe you can bring your child to speech therapy

5y ago

He infact speaks very well, always is selected for his class drama and speech. His teacher always tells he is very active and smart and talks aloot