MIL is nice but …

Both my PIL treats me well. In fact they keep highlighting to my husband that he has to take good care of me. But there are times when what they say kinda offend me. Things like “hopefully the baby (unborn) will look like my son” or MIL “my daughter and son look like me. Later my granddaughter will look like me”. These are also said in front of their friends and they just agree with the typical “ya loh”. Am I being too sensitive? Not being arrogant but I’d think I’m prettier compared to my husband.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hahah I think they don’t mean anything bad. Some elderly just don’t think before they talk (my mil too). In fact my baby girl does look like my grandmother instead of my parents and they also share the same birthday! ☺️ Baby’s looks will change everyday, so even if they look like anyone else other than you, their looks will still continue changing. It’s okay to feel what you’re feeling cause afterall it’s our kid and we definitely want them to look like us. My husband has pretty double eyelids while I had inner double (as good as single) so I prayed that baby will inherit his eyes instead of mine…. But reality is always a joke, baby’s eyes took after me (baby had double eyelids when she was born but as she grows, its gone) while everything else took after her dad 🤨. I had double eyelid surgery done btw, so when baby is out, my mil made a joke and said “at least hers (baby) is natural double.” I just agreed and said lucky lor. But after few months even when baby’s eyes became single she didn’t mention anymore so I’m good. I inherited my dad’s strong signature single eyelids (in fact every kid and grandkid of his did even if their spouse has double) instead of my mom’s, end up also went for double eyelid surgery HAHAH. Just ear in ear out will do, end of the day as long as baby is well loved and healthy will do 😊.

Read more