I didn’t expect it

EDD:Feb 25,2020 DOB:Feb 12,2020 Birth Story; Feb 11, 2020 exactly 38weeks It’s my weekly scheduled NST check up, while driving to the hospital I experienced sharp pains that was 5-6mins apart I didn’t expect that it was contractions since I always experienced braxton hicks and It wasn’t that painful. But when they check it was already labor contractions but unfortunately my cervix was still closed. But my OB insisted I need to be admitted to be monitored but after 24hours still my cervix wasn’t dilated yet but my contractions has been intensely painful so the doctor decided to check via ultrasound. The results came out the baby’s head is not engaging to my pelvic and my fluids is slightly decreasing and these may add the stress to the baby. So dr decides to do an emergency c-section if there’s is no signs of labor after the next few hours even tooked primrose & buscopan to soften the cervix. By 7pm on Feb 12, doctors check cervix is now at 1cm but sadly I was experiencing constant headache as they check my blood pressure it was above normal (preeclampsia) and it was alarming so we decided not to wait and around 9pm I entered the operating room. And came out a 7pound healthy baby boy✨

I didn’t expect it
59 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Congrats mumsh sa healthy baby boy! Truly a blessing. 👶🏻💙