B1 or Subsidized ?

I'm currently under follow up as a private patient and my gynae has suggested that I'll be induced in mid Jan. I'm not sure if I should remain as a private patient (B1) or drop to subsidised class. Anyone able to share their experience if they drop class? Also if any mummies just recently gave birth in B1 what is the initial deposit? I tried going for financial counselling but they said it's too early for me to know about the costs

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to be in B1 private but I've changed to subsidised. As for B1, my husband is not allowed to stay overnight so B1 and subsidised has no much difference. Based on my experienced, I will stick to subsidised if I want to keep to my financial stability. Not to worry about the nurses and Doctors, they will be there for you. Just focus on yourself and baby to have a smooth delivery. since you will need to go for an induce, you need to have lots of rest or sleep and also have a meal to make you energise. Once you have dilated to 3cm, the nurses will transfer you to the labour ward. You will need that energy to push your baby once your water bag burst. All the best future mummy.

Read more
4mo ago

the best way is to zikir in your heart and have surah Yasin book, paku, small scissors. Think positive and dont think about superstitious things. You can believe it exist but try not to think about it. Divert your thoughts and zikir thru out your admission. I do have a miscarriage before back in year 2020 and I'm the only pt in the ward as that time was during the lock down period and I'm all alone with just a few nurses running the floor. during night night they switched of the lights but I zikir thru out and on some prayers to make me fall asleep in peace. the more you think of horror and stuff the more you will feel scared. so mummy during your stay in the hospital be strong and divert your thoughts.

Initial deposit for kkh B1 was abt 1750. I gave birth on Oct 2023.. my experience with B1 was pretty good tho my husband cannot stay over. I had ample rest because the nurses helped care for my baby and took over night feeds.

3mo ago

Hi Nadira! nope I didn't top up any cash. As I had gestational diabetes, I think my insurer managed to claim for me. I had money refunded. Gave birth in Oct2023, received the refund in Jan 2024.

If you are under subsidised, most likely it will not be your gynae who will deliver your baby. Will have to check with the hospital regarding this, if you prefer your gynae to deliver your baby.

4mo ago

I see. In that case, better to check with the hospital first before switching class. All the best to you! :)