step daughter

Being pregnant making me hate my step daughter alot I don't even want to be close to her. The way she is with her dad and my mil is very manipulative always throwing tantrums and shouting when no one listens to her. Hubs and mil always give in. I had enough of it, she gaves me anxiety! While I was resting/sleeping she will keep on slamming the door and shouting non stop and I'm at my 8 months pregnant now! Talk to my husband about his daughter being this way he doesn't seem to be listening to me!!

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Should be because jealousy. Her parents are no longer together but when your child is born, she or he will have a complete family when both parents stay together and “happy family” idea. Kids that age are not complicated - they act up because they fear of losing love and care due to insecurity. What her parents have to do is to talk and assure her and also correct wrong behaviors before it’s too late. It’s not your fault at all - if it’s too difficult as it goes along (lack of communication and discipline from her parents) then the next best thing is not to have her in your home. If she gets violent etc. your husband can meet her outside but not in your home to protect your boundary and safety.

Read more