Been very troubled with my childcare arrangement for my baby .. Due to certain reasons and constraints, I need to go back to work . Baby was in infant care but keep falling sick . He was quite seriously sick a few times . My baby is now 11 months old. I've decided to withdraw him from infant care but have not been able to find a reliable and good babysitter . Cos babysitter is 1-1 with baby , I need to ensure my baby is in safe hands .. I've tried asking the agency but so far can't find a good match yet. I've been thinking and crying over this issue for past few days cos my childcare leave have all exhausted and he is currently down with bronchitis .. I can't afford to send him back to infant care to be exposed to germs again .. Been asking around too but in vain.. I think if this continues on , I will go into depression soon :(

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I faced similar problems when baby was in infant care. It was so hard and I cried many times as baby got sick every 2 weeks with high fever, bronchitis,Rosella, and other viral infections. My friend recommended me to Chinese Tui Na and thankfully now she has gotten better. The Tui Na really works for my baby. On top of that I also gives her some immuneped and kinder nurture probiotic powder to help to strengthen baby immune system. Let me know if you want to try Chinese Tui Na so that I can share the contact with you. Stay strong mommy..

Read more

Hi I can feel u. I been thru that as well and it's truly not easy. I also exhausted my leave. Since getting a helper that u can trust is difficult, and family also busy, isit possible to apply no pay leave for the time being? Maybe use the time to find a helper and monitor her a few mths to assess her ability? And install cctv so u can check on her when u r not at home ? You can also explore the use of essential oils to boost immunity and also to treat illness. Do let me know if u wanna find out more I can share with u.

Read more

I faced the similar situation with you when my daughter was 10 months old. My husband was not in sg then. My mum and I and baby fall sick monthly and eventually I got influenza. All 3 of us got fever at 40 degrees at one point. I frequently had to take leave and MC. It was really tough. Hang in there. Things will get better , kids immunity improve when they get older. My child is 2 years plus now and I am pregnant with my second one. Everything working out to be well.

Read more

Hi! Your poor boy.. I heard mommies give their babies below 1yo Colostrum to build up their immunity and sambucus after 1yo. Are any of your parents able to help and perhaps get a maid to help out? At least got family member to supervise the maid? Btw where do you stay? Maybe someone in this forum can recommend helper around the area. Or perhaps can change his childcare because the previous one may not have been so hygienic?

Read more
8y ago

Hi thanks for your encouragement :) my mil is working and she can't bear to give up her job. My mom is staying v far from me plus she is already looking after 3 of my niece and nephews. We are on our own . Staying at Jurong west area

Be strong, it will get better! i am in the same situation as you, no one to help and had to send my BB to IFC and he keep falling sick. I start to give him probiotics, and also sent him to PD for flu jab. and he's getting stronger by now.

U can try Nannypro, their nannies are professional. Dont give up, we are all mummies who always feel guilty all the time♥️

VIP Member

would be good if your parents are able to help out during this period?

Then u may need to hire a maid that has experience wit kids...

6y ago

I had a very bad experience with my previous maid .. phobia :( no adult to be with maid to supervise too :(

hello pretty, nice meeting you here