Baby care arrangement after Maternity leave ends

How do you all arrange baby care after your maternity leave ends? Besides infant care (too ex), if asking my MIL/Mother to take care, what arrangement is the best? I can’t part with my baby and am thinking of quitting, worry about my MIL/mom parenting style different from mine.. but My husband and I have to work from 8/9-6pm and need to OT at times.. if need to bring my baby to mom house and pick up at night is going to be so tiring..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Get your mum or MIL to stay over during the period you have to OT then those days you off, you care for your LO. Have either of them to follow your routine and stick to it and monitor them through CCTV to ensure all okay including safety of baby. Also try to get them handle your LO with you around but "pretend" not to assist them to ensure baby and grandmum bond together during the period you work. I did that for my first child because my LO was clingy to me. So every morning I put at my mum room, have her to play with my mum, let my mum bath her, and anytime LO miss me, mum can grab my clothes to let my LO feel comfy. It helps for me though. And also not to forget, ill tell her how the feeding gonna be. Once I'm home ill shower, dinner and let my mum rest till the next morning.

Read more

You and your husband has to decide which is priority for you - finances or stay home parenting? Whatever arrangement you decide that doesn’t involve you being a sahm, whether it’s ifc or mil/mum, the parenting style will confirm be different from yours. Parents shouldn’t hold on so much to their own style. There are many benefits to children being taken care of by other loved ones too - babies learn to develop socially and learn adaptability. My LO is taken care of by my parents and while I don’t agree with them all the time, they have been a great help and my LO grew up well in their care. There’s also an option of working part time and having a nanny, or hiring a helper to take care of your kid.

Read more