Should i do breast massage?

Hi mummies, im FTM, its been almost 2mo become mom. My breast milk very little, sometimes 1day im not pumping because not feel pain on my breast & if i touch no lump also. My milk supply for both breast around 5ml, sometimes 1days i only pump once, because i take baby alone since discharge from hospital & need to do household thing. I try to increase my milk supply with lactation cookies & milk, but nothing different. Should i do a breast massage now? #advicepls #1stimemom #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Our milk is supply & demand, so if you don’t pump, you’re telling your body that you don’t need it. I started taking care of baby alone after 1st month. Pump when baby is asleep, you can also include power pump once or twice a day since you have been skipping pumps. You might wanna consider getting a handsfree pump like babyexpress be free so you can at least pump and do your house chores at the same time. If you don’t have time to eat, drink a cup of warm Milo or oats before you pump & most importantly remember to stay hydrated. Pump every 2 to 3 hourly, 20 to 30 mins each session, each side. You can apply warm compress or hand massage while pumping. Don’t skip sessions, don’t sleep thru the night. (Prolactin is highest at night.)

Read more

U shld b pumping regularly even if nothing.. tats what ppl told me.. i m like u i have been taking care of my baby alone previously so i dun really have time for anyting. Sometimes not even eat. So i sacrifice slp to pump..

you have to pump to regulate the milk supply.. once a day is not sufficient to increase it. the more you pump, the more you telling your body to increase milk supply.