Possible to see an empty gestational sac during ultrasound at 6 weeks?

Based on my last menstrual period, I should be at my 6 weeks now. However, during my scan yesterday at 5 + 6 weeks its shows an empty gestational sac with no yolk or fetal pole. Doctor says that the gestational sac indicates that 99% baby is in the womb and not an ectopic pregnancy. But I can’t help but feel very very anxious before my next scan on 25th! This is my first baby.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there ! Same as me, base on last menstrual period i should be in my 6 weeks but base on scan, Doctor said im in my 5weeks + .. During scan, it was difficult for Doctor to find my baby .. She had to really press my belly to search for it .. She advised me to drink lots of water before scanning so my bladder is filled up and it could help to lift up my uterus .. She is able to detect baby's heartbeat but because it is soooo tiny, we didnt had a clear picture of baby .. But as long as the heartbeat is there, we are rest assured that baby is inside my tummy .. Doctor also advised us to come back during week 10 for 2nd scanning .. Hope all is well for you and the rest of us mummies ❣

Read more