Base on your experience, if lo 7 month old , sick with vomiting and flu and cough, how long then will recover? My lo sick for 3 days already and I had gone to KKH for two times but it seem that the doctor just said the same thing that my lo is fine but need to take medication

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Other than taking medication, I will ensure that the home environment is well ventilated and cleaned properly. Young child's immune system is lower as they have not gotten the full vaccinations. Clean environment helps to expedite recovery. Clean the toys more often as germs might be lingering there too. Do apply some baby vicks on lo's chest and back, soles covered with socks. Vommiting might be because lo has phlegm and too young to cough out so the easiest is to vomit and it makes them feel better as phlegm comes out when they vomit. Flu and cough normally come hand in hand so take medication as instructed. I will monitor for 1 week or so to see there are any improvements. I will be careful to hear whether lo is wheezing as it might lead to other complications like asthma if not careful. So keep warm.

Read more
8y ago

May I know where to buy the Vick which is meant for baby?

It can take up to a week for viral infections to run the course. If your child is active when the fever is down, still taking sufficient fluids (and hence going to pee regularly), it suggests that the infection is not a serious one. Although it will be very exhausting for all the caregivers. Red flags are children who are lethargic even when the fever is down, not peeing or peeing very infrequently and not able to tolerate fluids. They should then be seen by their doctor again as soon as possible.

Read more

It can be up to 1-2 weeks or longer for cough. If still vomiting stop all milk powder or solid food, boil some porridge water feed while is warm. My personal suggestions can try TCM for Tui Na (massage) if your baby often unwell or sick, it help strengthen the child’s organs and enhance the immune system.

Read more

Pls keep Yr baby hydrated which is the most important. Is Yr baby drinking? Flu and cough can last as long as 1-3 weeks depending on wat sort of virus. As for vomiting, u need to monitor. This is no joke. Insist to stay over for a check if baby is still vomiting.

Read more

Hydration is what you need to monitor. Because if lo gets dehydrated that will cause a lot of issues. Continue with the medication. 3 days is normal, it can go up to a week. If i were you ill follow the doctors advise afterall they are the professional.

My lo 4mo had a flu bout and last for almost 3 weeks.......

8y ago

Did you give medicine for that 3 weeks or Ownself recovery?