My baby is one week old and we are staying in a dengue cluster area. May I check if there are any suitable on-the-go mosquito repellent that I can use on my baby? I heard those patches are not suitable for infants due to the ingredients that are used to produce the smell that deters the mosquitoes. I saw one battery operated (led/uv) clip on repellant at kiddy palace. Can newborn use that? Thanks. Ps. I have a uv lamp insert repellant in my living room, but I'm afraid the mosquitoes would bite my newborn in the garden

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

U can use those deet free ones like the lady suggested above. I don't think there is a problem with the patch as long as there is no chance of baby eating the patch of breathing in high concentration of it. U can patch on his swaddle or near him in the cot - so that he is still within the effective area of protection from the scent from the repellent There is this other product that u might want to check it out. It's used by running man on the show and I saw quite a number of pple using it when I was in Korea. U can get from gmarket - Bikit guard - a lot of sellers selling it. Can last till 1-2 months. If can't find I suggest just spray mosquito Or insect repellent on clothes or items near the baby. I have the light/uv "mosquitos catcher" but I personally find it not effective - it caught a lot of other stuff but we seldom find mosquito in it - or maybe my house seldom have mosquito

Read more

According to my GP to effective prevent dengue and zika mosquitoes, you need insects repellent that contains DEET. Those without will not protect 100 percent. If you are looking for something that is suitable for babies, you can try this brand. It is recommended by my GP and is certified safe for babies. I bought them from the clinic near my house.

Read more
Post reply image

This is the brand that my friend uses, the Babygarnics DEET free inspect repellant. It's made from essential oils like peppermint, rosemary, citronella, geranium and a few others. You just spritz it on your hands and rub it around areas that might cause problems for baby. You can get it on iherb and it costs about 10-13SGD.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

I have been using this for quite awhile and need to buy again. Made with natural ingredients & best no strong smell. Really Dislike those that I can smell on my kid when applied. Here’s the link if you need - https://welovesupermom.com/products/alobaby9-alobaby-outdoor-spray-110ml

VIP Member

We are using the mosquito spray from Lemongrass House. It’s the best brand we’ve tried so far. Spray at the windows area so mosquitoes won’t come in. Cause baby just 1 week old, if it’s me, i won’t wanna use anything on baby also. Really way too young..

I will stick mozzie patch around his area. (Cot or stroller) I will also diffuse citronella essential oil in the house.

VIP Member

I use bikit clip for my LO. And i also diffuse citronella oil for my house

Maybe u can also put the mosquito net for baby cot too in case

Use a citronella diffuser. I use it for the living room.

Make your own repellent!