My baby is one week old and we are staying in a dengue cluster area. May I check if there are any suitable on-the-go mosquito repellent that I can use on my baby? I heard those patches are not suitable for infants due to the ingredients that are used to produce the smell that deters the mosquitoes. I saw one battery operated (led/uv) clip on repellant at kiddy palace. Can newborn use that? Thanks. Ps. I have a uv lamp insert repellant in my living room, but I'm afraid the mosquitoes would bite my newborn in the garden

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

U can use those deet free ones like the lady suggested above. I don't think there is a problem with the patch as long as there is no chance of baby eating the patch of breathing in high concentration of it. U can patch on his swaddle or near him in the cot - so that he is still within the effective area of protection from the scent from the repellent There is this other product that u might want to check it out. It's used by running man on the show and I saw quite a number of pple using it when I was in Korea. U can get from gmarket - Bikit guard - a lot of sellers selling it. Can last till 1-2 months. If can't find I suggest just spray mosquito Or insect repellent on clothes or items near the baby. I have the light/uv "mosquitos catcher" but I personally find it not effective - it caught a lot of other stuff but we seldom find mosquito in it - or maybe my house seldom have mosquito

Read more