Any way to continue breastfeeding?

My baby is only 2 months old and i am not able to produce enough milk for my baby. I can’t even pump out 3ml :( It all started when i was ill when baby turned 1 month. Super ill had to take medication. simultaneously taking fenugreek to help with breastmilk. But later found out that fenugreek is not helping me to increase, instead reducing milk flow. That’s when i googled and realized fenugreek does not work for all and i am one of them. I tried power pumping for 3 days and still the same, I could only get few drops the entire day. Any tips? Can i still continue breastfeeding? Please help a desperate mom 😭😭😭

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont pump just latch the baby in demand will be better for you.. bring ur baby close to you. Try ur best to be happy when u bf the baby , caress your baby enjoy the look on your baby. Remember you are producing nutrient for your baby to grow well and to be bonded with you. Dosent matter the amount of the milk as long as baby is happily sucking, enjoy the moment. Sit back relax n enjoy. Cos the moment wont last.. take care dear. Come from a mother that struggle from bf 3 years ago and still bf her 3 year old daughter.

Read more

Unfortunately yes, fenugreek does not work for everyone. You have to be consistent in pumping regardless the amount. It’s not magic, it won’t miraculously work overnight. Drink more water or soups, eat well and pump regularly without missing any sessions. Cover the pump, use your phone while pumping. The more you stress, the worse it gets. I learnt it the hard way, so now I just attach, cover and use my phone. Take sunflower lecithin to thin out your milk. Can try pumping after a warm shower.

Read more

Just be urself and relax. No Breastmilk then give formula. Ur baby still get the nutrients. When u over stress, how will your body able to produce breastmilk. Try taking cereal, with pure black sesame paste n nuts or cut fruits as breakfast. Simple , easy to prepare, cheap. That’s how I keep my Breastmilk level. In short , just do what u can. The best is let ur baby latch rather then pump n really realz and do what u can will do. No Breastmilk. Formula is there.

Read more

You can try anmum Materna as well; it seems to work okay for me. At six months old, I continue to mix-feed( formula n BM) her. I was unable to adequately feed my infant right away. My suppy is low. But I'm still giving it my all. I oversee my baby's 1-2 bm feeds each day. Daily, I also make sure she latches on as needed. I feel she can still benefit from the nutrition if she consumes bm at least once a day rather than not at all.

Read more

Do try to drink papaya fish soup, lactation brownies with oat & flaxseed, try to drink hot beverage like milo or milk just before or during pumping session to warm up the milk ducts and chest area, hopefully can help with the milk flow. Most importantly, try to relax and reduce stress cause stress will affect milk production too 😊

Read more

yes check your flange size. eat more fish, drink more water. take sunflower lecithin. I would also suggest engaging a malay lady do breast massage for you. all the above helped for my breastfeeding journey 😊

Pump regularly 3hrs interval a day. For min of 25-30mins. Got milk or no milk, just pump. Also make sure your flange is the same size. Flange size matters. Drink more water/milk/soups. At least 3.5L a day

Read more